Today, the Cannabis Freedom Alliance (CFA) announced that it has endorsed the States Reform Act. The Act strongly aligns with CFA’s vision of ending prohibition in a manner consistent with helping all Americans achieve their full potential and limiting the number of barriers that inhibit innovation and entrepreneurship in a free and open market. The States Reform Act is the truly principled vehicle for conservatives, libertarian, and all who value limited government to support cannabis reform.
CFA was proud to work with Rep. Nancy Mace’s (R-SC)’s team in crafting this legislation and to lend it our future support. The Act creates a bill that keeps Americans and their children safe while ending the federal preemption of and interference with state cannabis laws. The States Reform Act:
- Federally decriminalizes cannabis and fully defers to state powers over prohibition and commercial regulation
- Regulates cannabis products like alcohol products
- Institutes a 3% federal excise tax on those products to fund law enforcement and small business programs.
- Ensures the continued existence of state medical cannabis programs and patient access while allowing for new medical research and products to be developed
- Protects our veterans by ensuring they will not be discriminated against in federal hiring for cannabis use or lose their VA healthcare for following their doctor’s advice to use medical cannabis
- Protects children and young adults under 21 from cannabis products and advertising nationwide
Leia o texto completo aqui